Friday, June 22, 2012

Fear Konstruktor "Gitche Manito" LP


Fear Konstruktor
Gitche Manito
Sealt





I have put off posting this for a long time. I am not sure why, I think I was a little intimidated by it. It's beautiful, both inside and out. Fear Konstruktor has been doing amazing pieces of noise/drone/experimental for awhile and this is a nice addition to that quickly building discography. This is the first record in FK that I have heard that makes use of field recordings in a starring role. Every track is made up of field recordings of birds with some real minimal synth accompaniment and some effects. It's awesome to listen to. I love when people make use of field recordings in this way. You get a lot of sounds that you would have never found on your own by just twiddling knobs on your analog synth. It's really the handling of those sounds where FK shines though. It's an excellent record that is only slightly eclipsed by how awesome it looks.
     And that is pretty awesome. Sealt makes a habit of making very cool packaged records in very low numbers. This record is from an edition of only 90 copies but it is packaged in a burlap sleeve with a craved wood FK logo adhered to the front. The craftsmanship is extraordinary and very inspirational. 
      
     Would I buy this? Yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment